Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our Princess

Olivia Katherine Eggman
August 18, 2011
3:03am
7lbs 9oz 21inches
I was scheduled to be induced in the morning on Thursday 8/18 but was woken up at 11:30 the night before because my water broke! I was a little panicked because I have never gone into labor on my own before. My sisters came over to my house to stay with the boys and Josh and I raced to the hospital. We got there about 12:30. It took a while for them to get me checked in because they had all my information ready for a morning induction-the whole time my contractions were getting stronger and stronger, coming FAST and I was already dilated to 5cm! The whole time, the nurses were paging my doctor but she wasn't answering! When I finally got into a room and got my epidural started (which I started asking for at check-in) it was about 2:00am, I was 7cm and I was seriously miserable and in so much pain. I could kind of feel my epidural kick in but it only starting to work on my right side. This made my contractions seem so much worse because all the pain was concentrated to one side. The anesthesiologist came back in to make some "adjustments" and said if that doesn't work the only other option would be to redo the epidural. By that time, I was fully dilated and ready to push so there was no time to redo the epidural. And they still hadn't gotten a hold of my doctor! So I had to have another doctor deliver her...NATURALLY. Definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. My epidural started working about 5 minutes after Olivia was born. We were at the hospital for less than three hours total by the time she was here.
It was definitely a crazy night but all worth it once our sweet baby girl was here. I am so amazed by how perfect she is. The most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. I am so blessed.



So in LOVE with my family of FIVE!!

No comments: