Sunday, October 2, 2011

sick babies

A nasty plague hit our house this weekend. Both of the boys were sick. First Parker then Colin. Fevers, coughing, throwing up, crying, whining, the works. Oh yeah-and Josh was out of town! It was just me to care for my sick boys and a newborn baby! I quarantined Olivia in her room, putting a gate up so the boys couldn't get in. I would go in there to feed her, change her, or move her (swing, play mat, crib) and every time I changed my shirt and sanitized my hands up to my elbows! I am so glad she hasn't gotten sick! Thank goodness! I don't know what I would have done if my 6 week old got sick! It was seriously the craziest and longest 48 hours of my life. It was so hard because EVERYONE needed me at once! It wasn't even like I could have had help because the sick ones mostly just wanted to snuggle with me and Olivia needed me to feed her. Hello! I have THREE kids! Nothing like sick kids to give you a reality check! They are slowly getting better but are still a little under the weather. Colin stayed home from school today just in case he still has a little something.

Colin is so sweet and cuddley when he is sick.
Just wants to lay in bed and watch movies.


Parker on the other hand...WOW. He is not a good patient. He was VERY cranky and mean. He told me in his cute sick voice that he wanted his lovey and when I told him just a minute he got a crazy look in his eyes and yelled GET. MY. WOVEY!!!!!!! and was trying to push me off the couch! Holy moly. It was weird. I was half laughing and half terrified!


My pitiful patients (Parker is mid-cough. He also insisted on wearing Colin's flip flops...all day)



Olivia all alone in her room with no one to play with :(
Love my sweet healthy little princess!

No comments: